URBAN DESIGN AND SUSTAINABILITY
This unit highlights smart city and urban planning interrelation and identifies the meeting points among them. By analyzing urban planning innovations, students will gain an insight into some of the essential criteria to the conception of a smart city.
40H FACE-TO-FACE / 30H SELF-STUDY
For a long time neglected by urban planning approaches, urban form is becoming a major issue for the city of the future as an essential factor in achieving its goals of sustainability and resilience.
Here are some of the topics that will be discussed:
- Management of a digital urban project
- Concurrent engineering, digital architecture, geodesign: from BIM (Building Information Modeling) to CIM (City Information Modeling)
- Data interoperability
- Adaptive urban form
- Configurational analysis techniques: Multiple Centrality Assessment and Space Syntax.
- Configurational analyses for the sustainable city
- Evaluation of urban projects and eco-neighborhoods design and management.
- Basis of urban planning, regulatory framework in France and Europe
At the end of the course unit students will be able to:
- Understand the role of urban design in urban sustainability and resilience policies
- Analyze urban form in cities and existing urban projects
- Understand the planning process behind the production of urban form
- E-learning / SPOC
- Text study
- Classes and conferences
- Case studies : analyzes of urban forms for the sustainable city, evaluation of urban projects and eco-neighbourhood design.