Throughout the 1st semester, students work on a real and applied project addressing an aspect related to smart cities and sustainable development
24H FACE-TO-FACE / 120H SELF-STUDY
This module is taught and organised in a multidisciplinary fashion providing participants with a practical project aimed to apply the theory and knowledge gained during lectures and seminars on a hands-on case study. It also allows participants to develop project management and team work skills: participants will be teamed up into groups of 2-3 persons supervised by 2 tutors from different background and will be asked to work on a specific task leading to an output (study/prototype/object) pertaining one or more industrial processes.
Each project addresses an aspect related to the smart city and sustainable development: thermal and energy management, roads and services infrastructure, mobility and accessibility, city noise management, physical environment – hydrology, hydrogeology, green and blue infrastructure, biodiversity, urban programming, etc.
- Enhance your project management skills
- Dive into a smart city and sustainability sector
- Learn new collaborative tools and softwares related to a smart city sector
- Learn and apply the design thinking method to your project
- Develop or enhance your transferable skills (teamwork spirit, communication, sense of responsibility, spirit of initiative) which will be useful in your future professional development.